I’m sure you all are aware that the big day of love is coming up quickly! I’ve never been a huge Valentine’s Day person, but it is a nice excuse to have some chocolate ;-) Now, if you really want to impress that special person in your life, I have a great recipe for you to try. And of course if your love is chocolate, then you’ll love it too! These chocolate truffles are super easy to make and really tasty (maybe even addictive)!
- 1 Pkg. Semi-Sweet Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 3 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1.5 tsp. Vanilla
- Toppings (cocoa powder, coconut, ground nuts, etc)
- Melt the chocolate in a large microwavable bowl on high for 2-3 minutes or until almost melted, stirring each minute. When you’ve reached the correct consistency, stir it until all of the pieces have melted. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar, beating until well-blended. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Shape the cooled mixture into 1″ balls and roll in your favorite topping.
- Store in the refrigerator.
You can add whatever toppings you’d like to really make these truffles your own. My personal favorite topping is to use a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder to cut the sweetness of the actual truffle. So delicious!
This is a great “candy” recipe for those of us who are afraid to actually try and make candy. It’ll impress anyone you make it for, and I can guarantee they’ll ask for it again!