I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I really love soups. Give me broth, soup, stew, or chowder … I’m sure to enjoy it! In fact, I like to consider myself a soup connoisseur if you will. Now, I can’t remember where I found this insanely delicious creamy corn chowder recipe, but it’s to die for. And I’ve had a lot of corn chowder in my life.
This chowder has been a cool-weather staple since my husband and I got married. I’m sure the recipe was acquired during my kitchen-themed bridal shower, but I’m not really sure. Anyway, I love to make this for the whole family because there are at least a few veggies in there, and my son will eat anything bacon, so I can get away with giving it to him! Score 1 for the mom.
- 1/2 lb Bacon, Sliced
- 1/2 C. Onion, Chopped
- 1 C. Celery, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 4 C. Milk
- 1 can Creamed Corn
- 1 can Tiny Sliced Potatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, until crisp. When the bacon is done cooking, drain in a colander – reserving a bit of the fat in your saucepan. Set the bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Saute the onion and celery in the reserved bacon fat for approximately 5 minutes, until tender. Add in the flour – stirring constantly while cooking over medium heat – until the mixture is bubbly.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat; gradually add in milk. Heat to boiling, mixing frequently. Boil & stir one more minute.
- Season the chowder with salt & pepper to taste, then add in corn and potatoes. Keep on the heat until warmed through. At the last minute, stir your bacon into the chowder.
- Sprinkle each serving with fresh parsley.
If you have a large family, or just really enjoy eating corn chowder, this is a great recipe for doubling or tripling and storing in the freezer. You can even put the frozen soup right into your slow cooker to reheat!
Amanda @ The Anti Mom Blog says
i love corn chowder! this looks so hearty and delicious – pinning to make! thanks for sharing :)
I hope you love it Amanda! It’s definitely a favorite of mine!
This Corn Chowder is just my kind of soup, Pinning! Thanks for stopping by the DIY Inspired Link Party! :)
I hope you enjoy, Jillian! It’s definitely a favorite of mine!