What are some things I love about having a smaller space?
– I can literally deep-clean the whole house in an hour or less
– I don’t have to move the plug when I vacuum
– We have valet trash service … a lazy person’s dream
– We’re forced to get rid of stuff we don’t need
(talk about taking the 40 bags in 40 days challenge to a whole nother level)
What are a few of the things I’d rather live without?
– My kids acting like mad men with no place to go
– Having no space for all of my kitchen stuff
– Not being able to have Mommy alone time … ever
– A general lack of storage
Like I said … the adjustment is a day-by-day process and it’s definitely not always easy. I do love that I’m getting a chance to bring new life to some of my decor pieces, though!
We have gotten a contract for our house in Indiana, and should be closing next month if all goes well; so we are searching for homes here in Tennessee now. I’m looking forward to sharing some of my “small-living” tips with you guys as the weeks go by in the apartment, and we’re leaning towards purchasing a fixer-upper that we can really get our hands dirty with!