I am all for comfort food. Well, I mean, who isn’t? Tater Tot Casserole is one of those dishes that always brings me back to my childhood. My husband isn’t a huge fan, unfortunately, so I knew when I was attempting to make this, I would have to ‘wow’ him.
Enter…Tater Tot & Creamed Corn Casserole! Two of my favorite foods in the world, together. Doesn’t get much better than this. I know some of you might be thinking that I’m an odd duck who likes corn in her tater tot casserole, but just give it a chance. Trust me you won’t regret it!
- 1 - 1½ lbs Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cans Creamed Corn
- 2 c Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to Taste
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet and drain.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 dish with the ground beef, and season to taste with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover the ground beef with both cans of creamed corn; sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese on top.
- Dump the entire bag of tater tots over top of the casserole. Make sure to cover as much of the creamed corn as possible.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the tater tots are warmed.
- Sprinkle the rest of your shredded cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve!
This is one of the most simple recipes I have in my stockpile, and it’s a new family favorite. My husband, and even my little guy, gobbled it down. The corn adds a bit of sweetness, while the Mexican cheese adds some unique flavor.