Since I can remember, Shepherd’s Pie has been one of my favorite comfort foods. The only problem with this dish is the time commitment it often takes. That’s why I came up with the “Shepherd’s Pie Bowl” concept … and the whole family loves it.
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Pouch Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Start by heating up the pan for your ground beef and starting the water boiling for your potatoes.
- Once the beef is nicely sizzling away (and seasoned to taste), put your mixed veggies into the microwave (or a sauce-pot) to cook.
- By this point, you should be ready to finish making your potatoes … just follow the instructions on the pouch.
- When the ground beef is cooked-through, you’ll be able to start assembling your bowls. Layer potatoes, beef, then veggies. Top with some grated cheddar if you’d like, and enjoy!
If you have 15 minutes, and a few simple ingredients, you can make this for your family – a guaranteed hit!