In life there are times when it’s 100% better to make something from scratch because the store-bought version just can’t compare. Cheesecake does not fit into that category. Sara Lee® has some amazing frozen cheesecakes that are budget and taste-bud friendly. Please save yourself the hassle and just buy your cheesecake base. New York Style has always been my favorite, but with this recipe Pumpkin Cheesecake would also be delicious – especially if you’re providing dessert for Thanksgiving dinner!
What is going to make this dessert really “wow” your friends and family are the added toppings you use! One flavor that has become incredibly popular during the holiday season (and is one of my very favorites) is salted caramel. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty so you don’t get overwhelmed with sugar. Pair that with some Hershey’s® Special Dark Chocolate Syrup and you’ve got yourself a winning combination!
Since I love salted caramel so much, I’ve come up with a really simple recipe to make my own! I was always nervous about making any type of caramel because I thought it required candy thermometers and a crazy amount of time and energy. But that’s not the case! My salted caramel syrup takes about 10 minutes to make and can last several weeks sealed up tightly in the refrigerator (if you can refrain from eating it all before that).
- 1 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 3/4 C. Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1/2 – 1 Tsp. Salt
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the sugar and water and allow the sugar to melt. Increase the heat to high until the mixture bubbles.
- Allow the sugar water mixture to bubble until it’s a dark amber color (trying not to stir too much). Remove the pan from heat and place it on a burner that’s set to low.
- Carefully whisk in the heavy cream. Your mixture will bubble up and might splatter, so be very careful!
- Once your cream is incorporated, stir in the butter and salt. Whisk until the butter is melted and the salt has dissolved. I’d recommend starting with 1/2 tsp of salt to see how you like it. Add more if desired.
I love being a hostess. Having people over, entertaining them, and sending them home with a full stomach is what a good party is all about … am I right?! But I can’t tell you how many get-togethers / holidays / parties I haven’t been able to enjoy because I was so busy slaving away in the kitchen. That’s what is so wonderful about this Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake recipe. You can serve your guests something that is delicious and that you’ve made with love while still being able to have a good time with them.
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Syrup
- Sara Lee New York Style Cheesecake
- Thaw your cheesecake according to the instructions on the box.
- While the cheesecake is thawing, make your salted caramel sauce.
- Before serving, coat the top of your cheesecake with salted caramel sauce and a drizzle of dark chocolate syrup.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
It is no secret that Publix is one of my favorite grocery stores to shop at, and right now they’re running a special on pretty much everything you need to make this sweet treat! Receive a FREE 17-24oz Hershey’s® Syrup when you buy any ONE (1) Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert item now thru 10/09/15 while supplies last.