1. Stretch Mark Cream: Because coconut oil is an incredible moisturizer (found to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in dry skin), it does wonders in preventing, or lessening, the occurrence of stretch marks. For best results, just rub the oil into your skin after a nice warm shower. Mix with a few drops of your favorite essential oil for a refreshing scent.
2. Preshave Treatment: When applied before entering the shower, and then shaving as normal, coconut oil can often-times replace shaving cream and give a smoother shave! With all of those hormones going crazy, making our hair grow like nobody’s business, us mamas know the benefits of a nice, close shave!
3. Body Scrub: You can never go wrong with a relaxing hand, foot, or full-body scrub while carrying a little miracle around! Stir together 1/2 C. of melted coconut oil and 1 C. brown sugar for a delicious, moisturizing, easy-to-make body scrub.
4. Deep Conditioner: Again, the crazy hair growth comes into play here…when you have some extra time on your hands, coat your hair & scalp with coconut oil. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes (up to 2 hours) then shower. Shampoo as usual, but you should have no need to condition after your mask. Now enjoy your strong, soft & shiny hair!
5. Acne Treatment: Oftentimes our raging pregnancy hormones have a negative effect on our skin. For healthy, clean & glowing skin, mix 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil with 1 tsp. baking soda and massage gently over your face (avoiding the eyes). Rinse off immediately. Use this treatment every-other day. If your skin is particularly sensitive, only use once per week. *As with all acne treatments, I would recommend trying this on a small portion of your skin first to check your personal reaction…and make sure to use good judgement with regards to your own skin.
And there you have it – 5 delectable coconut oil recipes for mamas-to-be! Do you have a favorite use for coconut oil?
Linking to these parties