When my husband and I got married, I was determined to be the perfect housewife who makes dinner every night and keeps a perfectly clean house. In my quest, I did a lot of recipe hunting and experimenting. This California White Chili recipe is one I found in the first few months of marriage, and it’s been a favorite of ours ever since!
This recipe isn’t as heavy as traditional chili, but it’s still hearty and delicious. Serve it along side some 30-minute yeast rolls, for an extra tasty meal!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts (halved and cubed)
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1¼ C. Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (4 oz.) Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder, Cumin
- ½ tsp. Oregano, Cilantro
- ⅛ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 15 oz. Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Chopped Green Onions
- 2 oz. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and onion in pan 4 - 5 minutes, until onion is tender and chicken is partially cooked-through.
- Stir in chicken broth, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in the beans, and simmer 5 more minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with green onion and shredded cheese.
linking to these parties