*Amazon affiliate links included*
I’m a big fan of my Slow Cooker, and when I’m at a loss for what to make I tend to break it out. It’s really a genius invention when you think about it … throw a bunch of stuff into this warm crock that will cook your food for a long time to make everything delicious. Hello mama’s best friend!
Mexican is one of my family’s favorite types of cuisine. Now, it might be somewhat sacrilege to actually call this “Mexican,” but bear with me. Combining these 5(ish) ingredients in the slow cooker makes an ooey gooey cheese sauce with a little kick to it. Why enchilada chicken you ask? Well, the sauce has green enchilada sauce and fiesta cheese soup in it which gives you those yummy flavors in a different form; what a fun way to mix things up a bit!
Follow the super simple recipe below to make your slow cooker enchilada chicken; then pour it over rice or noodles for a filling dinner. Pair it with your family’s favorite veg and you’ve got the perfect weeknight meal!
- 1-2 lbs Chicken Breast (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Can Enchilada Verde Sauce
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Fiesta Cheese Soup
- 1 Can Rotel (mild or original)
- Spices to Season
- Mix together the enchilada sauce, rotel, and soups in your crock pot. Try to combine as much as you can.
- Now is the time to season your meal. I like to use a generous amount of salt and pepper with a bit of Nature’s Seasoning.
- Cut the chicken up into bite-size cubes and stir into the sauce mix.
- Cook in your crock pot for a 4 hours on high or 6 on low (until the chicken is cooked through). Some new crock pots take less time, so do what works with yours!
I really want to try this the next time I use my crock pot!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at the Merry Monday link party!
We hope to see you again next week!
Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com
Let me know what you think! :-)
Sounds so good. I love using the crockpot and also chili verde. I shall be giving it a try. Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It.
Thanks – I hope you love it!!
Erlene Amat says
This looks like a wonderful recipe to try out. I love that it has minimal ingredients too. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday.