My family has already established a few favorite slow-cooker meals, but this one definitely takes the cake. I love it because it’s incredibly easy and inexpensive to make. The hubs and little man love it because…well…it’s delicious!
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- BBQ Sauce
- Onion Flakes & Pepper
- Dump one bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce into the crock pot. Usually, we go for whatever is on 10 for $10 sale at the grocery store.
- Add in one can of Coke and sprinkle in onion flakes & pepper. *I haven’t added measurements here because it all depends on how much chicken you add*
- Now, put the chicken in your crock pot and let it cook. One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t have to defrost any meat. You can put the chicken right into the crock pot frozen!
- From what I have heard from others, my crock pot cooks more quickly than normal. Usually, I put the chicken on high for an hour then let it simmer on low for another 2-3 hours.Finally, I keep it on warm until dinner time. You might need to adjust this based on your crock pot.
This chicken almost falls apart on the fork, and can be served in a variety of ways. Our family favorite is to serve the chicken on top of some steamed rice, with BBQ sauce slathered all over. It’s also delicious shredded for BBQ chicken sandwiches. Any way you like it – it’s tasty!