Most of you probably know that a huge staple in the Atkins diet is meat. Because of this, I have been researching easy and delicious ways to cook all types of meats, red in particular. I love me a good steak, and so does my husband. So for our first night on the diet, I decided to make us steak and salad. I found a decent cut of meat on sale at the store, and cooked it up using spices from around the house.
- ½ Stick of Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. each Garlic Powder, Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Peel
- *I use all dried herbs for this. I'm sure fresh would be delicious, but the amounts might need to be altered.
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and getting a pan screaming hot.
- Next, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. You're going to use this as a rub for the steak, so you want everything to be relatively well incorporated. That way you get each flavor with every bite.
- Then you'll want to evenly smother your steak with the spice mixture (top, bottom, and all sides).
- Throw the butter into your heated pan and let it melt (most of the way is fine). Now, throw your steak in and bask in the sizzle. Mouthwatering, right?
- Cook each side until browned - approximately 2-4 minutes depending on the size of your steak.
- Once the steak is browned (NOT cooked through), place it in your preheated oven. I cooked this steak for approximately 8 minutes on each side to reach my preferred doneness. The cut of the steak and the amount of pink you like will all determine how long you need to cook it.
- When the steak is done, let it rest for approximately 5 minutes then cut and serve!
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this was one of the tastiest steaks I’ve ever had! The seasoning was superb and the crust was just right. This recipe will get you the perfect restaurant-style steak in your own home!
If you’re looking for more delicious steaks, try out my creole steak recipe.
Linking to these parties.