Of course I love the decor in this home, but I think what really grabbed me during the tour was the floor plan. There is – literally – space for everything; and it’s all well thought out. Check out the floor plan below!
I fell in love with a few spaces that I wasn’t able to photograph, but I’m hoping you can get a good sense of them from the floor plan.
– The study is, very literally, blocked off from the rest of the home. After seeing my husband struggle with getting work done at home, I think this could be the most brilliant part of this home’s design.
– The gallery at the front of the home (also known as the entry or foyer) can also be closed off to the rest of the house. This functionality goes hand in hand with keeping the study secluded.
– The theater area is perfect in my opinion. It’s open to the rest of the “great room” space in the basement, so it’s not super claustrophobic. But, there are ways to black out the windows and provide a great viewing experience.
– I also love that there’s a full guest suite in the basement, complete with a living space, bedroom, and bathroom.
– You can never go wrong with a fitness room. Of course I’m sure you could make this anything, but I really like that they created a dedicated space for this – right next to a bathroom!