Author: Sam | Atkinson Drive
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with an adorable little pumpkin. Mine cost about $2.50 at the picking farm. Wash off all the dirt, and dry it.
- Using the sharpest knife you have, cut off the top of the pumpkin.
- Slice the whole thing in half.
- Using a large spoon, scrape out the insides. But, don't throw them away...they make delicious candied pumpkin seeds!
- Coat the insides of the pumpkin with olive oil, and place on foiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes. This time will change depending on the size of your pumpkin.
- When done, the skin will be darker than normal, and a fork will easily poke through.
- Let your pumpkin sit at least 10 minutes, until cooled, and then remove the skin & chop into pieces.
Recipe by Atkinson Drive at http://www.atkinsondrive.com/sweet-spicy-roasted-pumpkin-soup/